Under the European Union Horizon Europe, substantial funding opportunities are coming forward in innovative technologies that will make Europe stand out in competition in areas such as artificial intelligence (AI), big data, cloud computing and IoT. As Bahçeşehir University (BAU), we are increasing our investments in these areas in line with our strategic goals. BAU has become member of Big Data Value Association (BDVA) and CrowdHelix networks which are considered among the most effective project networking platforms operating in these fields.
We are looking for an expert teammate to take part in both Technology Transfer Office (BAUTTO) and Applied Artificial Intelligence Center (BAU-AAI) who will be responsible for network management and international project development. BAU-AAI aims to conduct interdisciplinary research on AI with industry collaboration.
The goal is to design and develop best practices and architectures to build high-performance real-world AI applications, build live labs, and make the applications available to industry partners via cloud as a technology solution market place. For these purposes, the center operating in close collaboration with BAUTTO. If you think your background, competencies, and future ambitions in line with our expectations, your application will be most welcomed. Responsibility and profile expectations of the position are defined below.
BAUTTO and BAU-AAI Teams
- To monitor and report all EU Research Networks (BDVA, Crowdhelix, etc.) activities under BAU-AAI and BAUTTO,
- Identifying possible partnerships opportunities by considering the wider BAU ecosystem, which consists of BAU Big Data Education and Research Center, BAU Cyber Security Center, BAU-Stanford Robotics Laboratory, BAU BlockchainIST Research Center, BAU Future Campus, and other technology related divisions and centers.
- Conducting business development and networking activities with BDVA/Crowdhelix member organizations and keeping logs.
- Identifying the calls prepared by the stakeholders in these networks,
- Making all visual and written preparations for the identified consortia and including the BAU in these consortia.
- Inclination to interdisciplinary applied research and development (artificial intelligence, data science, software development, health, agriculture, finance, education, social / behavioral sciences, and robotics),
- Preferably experienced in European Union Projects (EU Horizon, ERA etc.),
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to speak in front of an audience as and when deemed necessary.
- Preferably Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering etc. graduated from engineering departments,
- It is expected that the candidate should have knowledge in the following areas and specialize in at least one area. Technical fields in question: Data Science (Data Management, Data Governance, Data Architectures, Data Analytics, Data Protection, Data Visualization), Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning, Deep Learning), Cloud Technologies, Big Data Technologies,
- Technical areas that the candidate should be interested in: Health Informatics and Clinical Decision Making, Deep Learning, Earth Observation, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Social Data Science, AI Ethics, Finance, AI Platforms and Edge Computing.
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- Having graduated from foreign public or private high schools in Turkey is a PLUS