Bahçeşehir University is inviting dynamic, experienced, and passionate people to be the part of the energetic team for building the success story of BAU Hub Incubation Center. We are seeking a proactive and experienced full-time incubation manager who will manage entrepreneurship operations within the Center and reliable, dedicated team members.
- Incubation center manager
- Incubation junior experts
What Does BAU Hub Incubation Center Do?
BAU Hub is designed to nurture and support tech-based innovative start-ups. The center serves as main infrastructure entrepreneurship programs of Bahçeşehir University and soon-to-be-opened BAU Teknopark* (Located Kemerburgaz-Istanbul, Presidential approval continuing).
Center welcomes entrepreneurs who are is ambitious to transform their business ideas into innovative products/services with an inclusive approach tailored to the diverse needs of startups.
As an entrepreneurial hub, BAU Hub develops and implements cutting-edge programs to support new and growing businesses with co-working space, affordable office space, professional development, and a wide array of mentors and opportunities. We provide pre-incubation services under TUBİTAK 1512 BIGG program, and we will be launching two vertical programs on Ed-Tech (Located Beşiktaş-Istanbul) and game design Bug Lab. (Located Galata-Istanbul, KOSGEB TEKMER application continuing) which are designed in a holistic framework. As a partner of the BAU Global network, which comprises 9 universities, 16 liaison offices and 4 language schools around the world, we are planning to engage all our entrepreneurship programs with Born Global to foster globalization of startups in early stages.
By expanding our team, we aim to create a unique and highly flexible combination of business development processes and services within an inspiring and enabling environment, and to serve the needs and needs that may arise of startups.
BAU Hub Team
INCUBATION CENTER MANAGER
- Develop and execute strategy for outreach, hunting, attracting, and onboarding deserving and qualified innovative entrepreneurs, and start-ups.
- Managing incubation and acceleration programs.
- Provide high-quality coaching and advisory support to entrepreneurs.
- Good understanding of the entrepreneurship ecosystem and sustainable relations among stakeholders.
- Qualify and evaluate applicants for creativity, innovation, acceleration and investment stage.
- Manage the day-to-day interaction with the pre-incubates and incubates.
- Provide support to entrepreneurs across ideation, acceleration, investment and scale-up stage.
- Ensure tight management of milestones and progress of entrepreneurs and start-up.
- Guide & support start-ups for fundraising activity.
- Execute and own an operational and engagement strategy for the entire community including startups, investors, corporates, mentors, advisors, and domain experts.
- Provide continued strategic guidance to entrepreneurs in areas such as business modeling, sales, and marketing, financing, fundraising, overall strategy, operations etc.
- Be the switchboard for entrepreneurs to access relevant resources and connections.
- Execute the projects followed by the Incubation Center.
- +10 years work experience with business development skills,
- Preferably post graduate degree.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to speak in front of an audience as and when deemed necessary.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, learning/ tinkering labs, incubator or incubation consultancy.
- Experienced in funding opportunities national and International projects (TÜBİTAK, KOSGEB, EU Projects etc.).
- Preferably Registered Technology Transfer Professionals (RTTP) or Certified Licensing Professionals (CLP) certificate holder.
- Using MS Office programs effectively.
- Advanced planning and organization ability and able to use time effectively.
- Have written, verbal communication, presentation skills and institutional representation skills,
- Being open to improvement and innovation in operational processes.
INCUBATION JUNIOR EXPERT
- Work with startups in the program according to the frameworks and mechanisms as outlined by the incubator manager.
- Coach early-stage entrepreneurs and start-up companies in business model development.
- Assist and follow-up entrepreneurs in proposal writing, pitch deck, business development, fundraising as well as relevant linkages to established companies for business opportunities.
- Conducting activities (events, meetings, seminars, conferences, lectures, etc.) for students, academic members, and graduates in order to spread the entrepreneurship culture,
- Coordination among entrepreneurs, start-ups, mentors, institutions, funding agencies, investors and industries.
- Study key sectors, technological trends and generate insights, use-cases and industry analyses for internal and external usage.
- Preparation of necessary portfolio reports for both internal and external purposes.
- At least 5 years work experience,
- At least 3 years’ experience working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, incubator or incubation consultancy.
- Minimum undergraduate degree.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Using entire MS Office programs effectively.
- Passionate about entrepreneurship.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in building & managing a community is a plus.